The EDP Department develops and maintains an internal network of over 190 desktop workstations, digital office equipment and the networking equipment, operating systems and servers to tie them together.
Our department provide a helpdesk function for assistance to all municipal staff with use of MS Office Professional and other related software as well as the printers and photocopiers.
IT understands the importance and the value of having access to reliable information.
IT’s main responsibilities include:
- Manage the organization’s hardware, software and physical communication
- Provide a source of guidance for technology issues for staff and associated organizations
- Maintain information security and availability
- Provide a corporate perspective on information technology initiatives
- Supply the guidance and infrastructure to deliver meaningful information
- Bio-metric Attendance