Mission Mangalam (Urban) Scheme
Mission Mangalam (Urban) scheme is being implemented in Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation with the resolution of Gujarat Urban Development and Urban Housing Department dated 12/02/2012. Getting to be self-sufficient.
A total of 225 congregations have been formed since the year 2013 till now. Many of these congregations are engaged in economic activity, including making paper bags, rags, handicraft items, sewing work and selling cutlery. Government programs to bring women forward Rakhi Mala, Navratri Mala through which the sisters get a market for direct sale.
Following is the information of Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation area till the end of November
- Total Sakhi Mandal – 225
- Total members – 3037
- Total Savings – Rs. 26, 68,600/-
- Grading of total Sakhi Mandal-110
- Total Sakhi Mandal received Revolving Fund-92
- Total Paid Revolving Fund – Rs.4, 60,000/-
- Total Sakhi Mandal than economic activity – 13 Mandals
- Home Industry Trained – 22 Sakhi Mandal
- Total number of Sakhi Mandals Bank Linkage – 14
Program conducted by Gujarat Government under the scheme in the year 2016-17
- Number of Sakhi Mandals participating in Rakhi Mela – 2 Mandals
- Total income of Sakhi Mandals in Rakhi Mela – Rs. 2, 15, 80/-
- Number of Sakhi Mandals participating in Navratri Mela – 23 Mandals
- Total Income of Sakhi Mandals in Navratri Fair – Rs.3, 83, 035/-
Fellowships rather than economic activity
- Harsiddha Mission Mangalam Yojana Mandal makes and sells Regin School Bags, Rupees, Wallets etc.
- Jai Gurudev Mission Mangalam Yojana Mandal works in the office of the Secretariat as a cleaner. (Block No. 20)
- Harsiddha Mission Mangalam Yojana Mandal works in the office of the Secretariat as a cleaner. (Block No. 16)
- Jai Ambe Mission Mangalam Yojana Mandal makes and sells reggae school bags, purses, wallets etc.
- Mission Mangalam Yojana Mandals in Radha Krishna, Shri Indrani Mata, Jai Ramdev, Har Har Mahadev, Jai Shakat make and sell paper bags.
Self-awareness programs for women in congregations through the scheme
- Education based seminars (Institute of open schooling)
- Legal Information (PSI Ms. Puver)
- Work shop for savings based information
- Information for savings and loans from the bank
- Training of economic activity by bank
- Subsidy loan information by District Rural Cottage Industry Institute
Contact – Women Consultant
32 total views